Tuesday, October 14, 2014

September Favorites



[Photo by me]





Once more, this blog was a thing and then it was not a thing.



But for my large expanse of followers (coughcough...six), have no fear!
I've finally returned, determined to actually make this thing a good thing. I want to be professional about things for once, which means I will have to tuck away my love for caps lock in a deep dark cave where they will never be found (except my Smeagol...he lives in a cave).

Of course, for those of you who know me...this is me. So my grammar will not be perfect, and there is a very good chance there will be plenty of typos. I try, okay! I have left some of my posts from the past that I actually like, but most of them have been removed. I want to be a blogger! So let's do this.

Anyway, today I thought I'd start by posting some of my favorite things from the month of September. A lot of my favorite youtubers do monthly wrap ups, and seeing that I do not have a youtube, I will be using this blog. Hurrah!

Okay. Let's do this.

September was a very s l o w month but I did read some fun books and try some fun things. To see them all (and reviews) just check out my Goodreads account and see what I've been reading. As a side note, I never write eloquent reviews, so just a warning.





Favorite books:



We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

This book has a ridiculously large amount of hype around it. I went into it without said hyper so I very much loved it. It was very...unique and beautiful. The prose was so different and...poetic? A very beautiful book.



Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeline Kuderick

A very raw a beautiful book. It was gorgeously written, and accurately showed what it is like to have this problem. Very different than anything I have read.
Note: This is a book about cutting, and may be a trigger for those struggling with this. Please be careful who you recommend this to!



Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Not the best book I have ever read, but very fun and enjoyable!


I also read Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas and that was a beautiful thing, but as it is a sequel I will not add it here. Check out the Throne of Glass books! Crown of Midnight is so worth shoving through the first one.


Music Favorites:

Luck by American Authors

Secrets by Mary Lambert

Be ok by Ingrid Michaelson

Do or Die by 30 Seconds to Mars


Other Favorites!

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
it is a beautiful thing

If I Stay- movie
The first time I have ever liked a movie more than the book? Wow.


FALL IN GENERAL.

Oops I used caps lock. But fall!

And that is pretty much it. Hope you had a great September!



No comments:

Post a Comment