Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Life During NaNoWriMo

Yeah It's the 6th of December and I am finally writing about NaNo. Especially given I barely even did my "Daily" Posts during the month. This is what happens when I have to do things.


BUT.


Are you seeing this?

I did it. I reached 60k in one month. And as you can see I did a crappy job of writing daily. But I did it! I did it! I have never been more proud of any novel that I have ever written.


Okay. Now I have things to say.

First off....this month I have made two of the greatest friends I could ever ask for. On a regular basis they stayed up with me until wee hours of the morning writing. I never would have done this without them, and I am so lucky and thankful to have met them.

It's funny how being stupid and trying to write this much in a month teaches you.

I learned how little tiny 100 word steps make a difference.

I learned that midnight writing actually comes up with some good stuff.

I learned that perseverance and a good playlist can help me do anything.

I learned a lot about writing and formatting...and even though this is my third year doing this I honestly think this years NaNoWriMo changed my writing. A lot.





And now....I would like to present you with some of the marvelous gifs that perfectly describe what it is like during NaNoWriMo,

The telling other writers stage:



The outline stage, aka the trying-to-figure-out-what-the-heck-your-plot-is stage

The first chapter excitement:

The second chapter sluggish stage:


The getting-to-the-serious-and-boring-build-up stage:



The middle stage:

FINDING THE PERFECT SONG FOR YOUR NOVEL PLAYLIST STAGE


The midnight what-the-heck-am-I-writing stage:


The NaNo mornings:


And the distractions. All the distractions. Like food.



The being-behind final day stage:



The writing /THAT/ emotional part stage:


How you think finishing will be like:


Really? It's this:


And a little bit of this:


But you're DONE. you can print out your story. But of course once NaNo passes everyone is talking about /editing/ already. What?
But...I just printed my copy out. Tear it to shreds already??






That's NaNo everyone.


(As a random blog-y note, I have officially started me book review blog! That will be where I post about all my reading ventures instead of my other hyper posts. I will link back and forth from the two blogs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment