Friday, February 13, 2015

Book Character Cosplays- The Raven Cycle and the Grisha Trilogy

(All the photos on this post got all weird and messed up. Hopefully I can try and fix them later)


Alina Starkov from the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo


This one is probably the most easy cosplays my mom and I have made. We found two blue velvet dresses from the thrift store and sewed the top from one and the bottom from the other together. We sewed some gold trim and used some fabric mom had laying around for the belt, The white shirt was bought from a thrift store and I wore basic leggings with it.

I made a sea scale bracelet and the necklace I am wearing the lovely Linnea made for me out of wire.





My mom made a gorgeous clay necklace to look like her antler amplifier, which makes me so happy.




My Darkling was adorable as well.



Blue Sargent from the Raven Cycle by Maggie Steifvater

The Raven Cycle is my life. When I read the description of one of her awesome dresses, I knew I needed to make it.

She wore heavy boots she'd found at the Goodwill (she'd attacked them with embroidery thread and a very sturdy needle) and a dress she'd made a few months earlier, constructed from several different layers of green fabric. Some of them striped. Some of them crochet. Some of them transparent

I mean come on. Who doesn't want that dress.



After that, for a few months it was a constant collection of green fabrics of many varieties from the 99 cent sales at thrift stores.

                                       

It took a lot of planning, a lot of redoing everything, and a lot of sketching and stitching. It was hard, but in the end the dress was gorgeous.



That's right. Be jealous.


I needed new boots anyway, so I bought some with holes on the side that I could use to embroider. 

                                                  

The little stuffed Raven was found and bought actually at the airport on the way to the workshop I was wearing it to. Perfect!



The Cosplay section was so much fun. One of the best memories I will hold dear forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment